Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

Chicken Satay

In a large resealable bag combine

1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon curry

Cut into strips and combine with the marinade

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

Refrigerate 2-4 hours

Thread chicken onto skewers (I use metal skewers. If using bamboo make sure to soak them first!)

Oil and preheat BBQ or indoor grill

Cook chicken on medium heat until no longer pink. Be careful not to overcook!

Serve with

Peanut Dipping Sauce

In a small saucepan combine

4 tablespoons of peanut butter (regular or chunky)
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
3 tablespoons of honey
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1 clove of garlic minced
1/4 cup of orange juice

Cook on low heat until smooth.

**I also served this with coconut rice but I am still trying to perfect the recipe. I will post it when I do! Because I try to incorporate veggies with every meal I also skewered some zucchini squash, red bellpepper and mushrooms (I had them in the fridge and they needed to be eaten) and threw them on the grill after seasoning with garlic salt and pepper and drizzling with some olive oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment