I have a confession. I am a bread addict. There. I said it. I love bread. I could eat bread and butter for every meal. Even though I love bread, I am horrible at baking it! I can get a loaf to turn out decent in the bread machine but that is it. Every single time I try to bake a loaf something goes wrong. I gave up for a while but I am ready to try again!! And maybe, just maybe I will get it right.
Here is the bread machine recipe that I use:
Garlic Herb Bread
Yields 1 1/2 lb. loaf
To pan add:
1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 package rapid rise yeast
Turn on the bread machine, sit back and relax.
*Make sure you add ingredients in the order recommended by your bread machine.
Last weeks Meal Plan fell through. We had sick kids and an unusually busy week so I did not do a lot of cooking. Tonight we are having Shrimp Alfredo. Here is a really simple sauce that is quick and delicious. I don't know about you, but I refuse to eat the jarred Alfredo from the grocery store. Yuck.
Alfredo Sauce
In a large skillet melt:
2 tablespoons butter
Add and cook until soft:
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 packages of mushrooms
Add to pan and cook until melted:
2 packages of cream cheese, diced into 1 inch cubes
To cream cheese mixture add:
Milk (usually about 2 -3 cups, it just depends on how much sauce you want, thickness etc...)
Stir to combine and let simmer until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in:
3/4 cup Parmesan
Season to taste with salt and pepper
*Most of the time I make this sauce I substitute reduced fat/non fat cream cheese and use fat free milk. But if you are in the mood for something rich and creamy then make the original recipe. You can also throw in cooked chicken or shrimp. This recipe makes enough to feed 4 or more. You can always cut the recipe in half and only use 1 package of cream cheese.
**Edited to add: When I first posted this recipe I forgot the Parmesan! Never, ever forget the Parmesan!!
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment