I threw this together tonight because Haley said she wanted a "cucumber and onion salad". Now, if you knew my daughter, you would know this is strange since she has had a phobia of onions her whole life. If an onion touched anything on her plate she would not eat it. If she saw me chopping onions she forcefully reminded me "Mommy, remember, DO NOT PUT ONIONS IN MY DINNER!". Or, whenever it was time to order in a restaurant, no matter what she was having she would remind the waitress, "No onions please!". Tonight though, as I was chopping the onion she reached up and grabbed a slice and proceeded to eat it with enthusiasm. I have no idea where this came from but I won't complain!
This turned out really good and was refreshing (it was in the 90's here today!) and will be awesome this summer when our garden is ripe. It also went well with the leftover lasagna. A little fresh basil would be a nice touch also.
In a medium bowl combine:
2 cucumbers, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced (red would be best but any would work)
feta cheese (I love feta so I use a lot)
salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl whisk together:
2 - 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
balsamic vinegar (I am guessing here... 4 tablespoons? Eyeball it and adjust the amount to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
Pour dressing over veggies and toss well. Chill 2-3 hours.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment