This is a recipe that I first got from my friend Nen when we were roommates. I don't have the original recipe so I am not sure how close this version is. I do know that it called for the juice of a lemon but my husband does not like lemon anything (boo) and so begrudgingly I omit it.
Cut into 1 inch cubes:
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
In a large resealable bag combine:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt
Pepper
Chicken
In a large pan melt:
2-4 tablespoons of butter (or you can use olive oil but butter gives it better flavor - yum)
Add chicken and cook until no longer pink
Meanwhile, in a bowl combine:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
(1 lemon juiced)
Add to chicken along with:
1 package sliced mushrooms
Cover and simmer on low 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened
Serve with steamed rice
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this recipe! I haven't made that in years. I think I won Gregg's heart with it =)
ReplyDelete