Thursday, April 2, 2009

Where do I get my recipes?

I often get asked "Where did you get this recipe?!" Most of my recipes are my own. But I do draw inspiration from everywhere. I am a Food Network junkie. I love reading cookbooks, my favorite is the Joy of Cooking. Everyone should own this cookbook! Of course the Internet is a huge resource for everything, not just cooking. I call my parents and pick their brains weekly and I have also gotten some great recipes from my sister in law. Most of the recipes here are typed out off the top of my head. So if you see a measurement that seems off to you don't be afraid to change it. I will try and be as accurate as I can but often I just eyeball everything. I hate having to measure!

To venture a bit off topic, I was able to plant a garden this year. It is a small one but I am already planning next years plot! We are growing beans, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, squash, zucchini, red bell peppers, onions, and herbs. I can not wait for our first harvest! Haley is excited too and helped me plant and has continued to help me tend to it. As Corey and I were watching the news tonight we saw yet another story of a salmonella outbreak. Does this freak anyone else out? I told him that we need to buy some property out in the country and grow and raise all of our food. Obviously we can't trust what is on the supermarket shelves. It just seems like more and more we can't be sure of what we are eating. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment